2-Day Cotopaxi Summit
What we love about this tour
- An experience you won’t forget in your live
- Climbing the highest active volcano in Ecuador
- Ascent of the glacier of the Cotopaxi and glacier school
- The special atmosphere of the active Cotopaxi with its perfect triangle shape
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeGuided Tours, Mountains, Nature
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
2-Days Cotopaxi Summit – Climbing the highest active volcano in Ecuador
The volcano Cotopaxi, whose summit rest at 5.897 m/19.347 ft., is a natural monument because of its unique beauty and it is also the second tallest mountain in the country, which makes it a challenge for mountaineers from all over the world.
This glacier-covered volcano has an icy crater that is 800 m in circumference and can only be seen from high up on the mountain which is one of the most visited of Ecuador. It is located within Cotopaxi National Park.
- Private transportation
- Specialized, certificated and bilingual guide
- Lodging in the José Ribas refuge hut
- Cotopaxi National Park entrance fee
- Snacks and fruits for the hike
- Rope, cord, and carabineers
- Extra sports drinks
- Personal spending money
- Ice axe, climbing helmet and harness
- Mountaineering boots and crampons
Quito - Cotopaxi refuge
07:00 Departure from Quito to Cotopaxi National Park.
10:00 Arrival to the refuge parking lot and preparation of equipment.
10:45 Arrival to José Ribas Refuge at 4.800 m/15.748 ft. Settle-in and get ready for practice in the glaciers.
11:30 Glacier school. Practice basic techniques for glaciers. Eat a box lunch and hydrate.
14:30 Return to the refuge and rest during the afternoon.
19:00 Sleep time.
Cotopaxi summit - Quito
00:00 Wake-up. Breakfast time and preparation of equipment.
01:00 Begin ascend hike. Frequent stops to eat and hydrate and to enjoy the many attractions on the way.
07:30 Estimated time of arrival to the summit.
08:00 Begin descend hike.
12:00 End descend hike. Rest time and pack-up equipment.
13:00 Begin return trip to parking lot.
14:00 Meal in the restaurant of the park.
15:00 Begin return trip to Quito.
17:00 Estimated time of arrival to Quito
José Ribas Refuge at 4.800 m/15.748 ft