Hacienda el Aliso
Hacienda El Aliso is an active farm, located at 3.100 m. of altitude, in the beautiful cloud forest at the base of the Cerro Blanco Reserve, nearby Otavalo in the Province of Imbabura.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeActive Tours, Discovery
Activity Level Moderate
It offers an excellent base for nature activities like hiking, bird watching and exploring the local flora and fauna as well as for visits of the most popular indian market in Ecuador. The surrounded area is very rich in bird live and different species of orchids. If you wish, you can also participate in farm activities, like milking the cows by hand, fertilizing the land, taking care of the vegetables and potatoes.
The owners of the Hacienda will be your host during your stay and they will always try to fulfil your wishes. To ensure a pleasent stay, they will offer you the best of the house like 3 meals a day, prepared with own grown vegetables and a variety of daily fresh fruits, and milk products, direct from their working farm. The kitchen is fusion, a mix of traditional Ecuadorean food combined with the western kitchen.
The cozy living room provides several sitting areas, so you can enjoy socializing with other guests, enjoy reading a book and drinking a glass of wine in front of the fire place.
The hacienda is situated in the beautiful cloud forest in the Otavalo area. A 20 minutes taxi ride will bring you to this peaceful place.
Otavalo is known for his traditional Saturday colorfull Indian market, among other fantastic activities to do in this area like:
- Participate in the working farm which is part of the hacienda.
- Walk in the beautiful cloud forest around the hacienda.
- Hike around the Laguna Cuicocha or take a little boat ride.
- Visit the non-profit wildlife refuge for owls and raptors, including the endangered Andean Condor.
- Explore the Otavalo Market. The market on Saturday is most known and is the biggest. The visits are worth every day of the week.
- Visit the Agato community where you can visit a workshop for a demonstration of the traditional yarn spinning and backstrap-loom weaving process.
- Explore the beautiful Peguche Waterfall, formed by the river of the same name, which starts at San Pablo Lake.
- Participate in an unique Orchid observation tour in the reserve of Cerro Blanco and the crater lake Cuichocha.
- Watch Indigenous people fish in their straw canoes or enjoy the scenery around San Pablo Lake.
- Visit the famous city of Cotocachi for its leather and handicrafts.
- Hike for about 3 hours around the crater of Mojanda
- Enjoy the legendary lake of Yahuarcocha
- Visit the Valley of El Chota to meet the afro-ecuadorian people.
- Relax in one of the thermal baths of Chachimbiro.
- All the meals (3) are included as well as unlimited water.
- Participation in the local farm activities like milking cows.
- Mobile phone reception, WIFI is available.
- Beverages like alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks
- Guide, if required.
All our rooms are comfortably equipped with a desk, private bathrooms with hot showers and additional blankets. We can offer double rooms with 2 single beds and a suite with a king size bed.